Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Ho Ho Ho!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas with family and friends! Ours was really nice. We slept in until 9am and had to wake Brinley up at 10am. She was too excited that she didn't get to sleep until midnight. I always remember waking up at the butt crack of dawn. My dad would get out of bed, take a shower, get dressed, etc. He did it on purpose and it drove us nuts. We didn't get to open presents right away, but we could get into our stockings...one of my favorite parts of Christmas morning.
Brinley was spoiled...why wouldn't she be. She got a bike from her dad and her quilt from me and oh so many other things...littlest pet shop, polly pocket, books, board games, just to name a few.
This was my favorite gift...a memory box for Olivia that I can have out instead of having her things in a tote. It has a shadow box on top.
Matt had it engraved.
My sister, Kami, bought me this. I love it. Gives me something to snuggle with.For 5 weeks I worked on my parents and Matt's parents gifts...while at the hospital, our nurse made molds of Olivia's hands, feet and face. We had gotten them back before the funeral. My mom had been asking about them, but I hadn't told her. I wanted it to be a surprise. Here is a face mold. You can see how tiny she is.
And this is the shadow box I made for our parents. I put a locket of hair in there too. The mold of her face is velcroed on so that if they want to take it out and hold it, they can.
My brother and all of his girls were able to come to parents house this year. His two oldest live in Utah with their mom. So we don't get to see them too often. We try to get pictures while they are all together. So fun!
And this is what I did...when I wasn't taking pictures.

9 comments:

kim said...

We got up at 7:30. had to wake the girls. Santa brought Noah a Cars puzzle and we spent the morning doing that. LOVE puzzles!!!

Sounds like you had a nice Christmas. I am glad. Love you!!!

janet said...

My kids were up at the butt crack of dawn!! or at least it seemed like it! Funny that you had to wake Brinley up! And I laughed that your dad took a shower before you were able to open presents! How annoying!

I LOVED all the sentimental gifts you were given and what you did for Matt and your parents. The molds are so special! I am sure this was a Christmas to remember.

Happy New year to you and your family!

Allie said...

Arah,

I am one of Richard Creagh's daughters...and it probably seems freaky that I check your blog every now and then since we have never truly met. A friend in my ward was worked up over people checking her blog that she didn't know and then they never leave a comment (she has some map tracker thing and saw someone checking in a town she doesn't know a soul in)...which made me think -heck, that is what I have done to this family. I have read your posts and never comment! But I don't feel like you are a total stranger since my parents kept us all up to date during your pregnancy. Still, I should of said something a long time ago!

First of all, Olivia is a beautiful little girl! And so lucky to have you as her mom!

I admire your strength and faith and honesty through all of this.

Best Wishes for 2008! I love that you said it will be your year!

love,
Allison Baldwin

P.S. How do you get a picture to fit in the title box?

arah said...

Allie,
First of all, you have an awesome Dad! We have loved having him as our Bishop and friend. He has been good to our family, even if he did make me get up to bear my testimony at very emotional times...I love ya Bishop!
I too have a tracker on my blog and have people from all over the world log on. I am okay with that. If i can give someone some comfort from reading about what we have been through with Olivia, then I did my job. It is amazing how many people have lost a baby.
To get my pictures to fit, I resized them before I downlaod it to my blog. Sometimes it takes a few tries. Hope that helped.
Thank you for leaving a comment! I hope you had a great Christmas and enjoyed you box of cereal.

Anonymous said...

What? You are buying a house? I need more information...

Julie Carr said...

Arah love the pics. I miss doing puzzles on Christmas. instead I did a little scrapbooking with my new stuff Karen and Mom sent me.

Wonderland Girl said...

Beautiful gifts!

and I haven't heard that song Celebrate since like 7th grade. it made me laugh.

and when are you coming to Utah???

The Barney's said...

arah, those shadow box things with olivias face mold are amazing! i bet your parents' loved them. lori

birdeeb said...

Ok the shadow box & the molds of your beautiful baby just brought tears to my eyes! What an awesome idea!!!