Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Creche Exhibit

First off, for those of you that don't know what a Creche is, it's a nativity scene.
Well, every year for the past few years, my Mom's stake puts on a Creche Exhibit. This year there were over 600 of these nativity scenes from all over the world. The missionaries stand outside the Stake Center and sing Christmas carols, 'The Nativity' is played every half hour or so and they have some sort of musical preformance every night for a week. It is really neat to see. I took pictures of some of my favorites... This one is from Russia. It is one of those nesting egg things. I know that there is a name for them, but I can't remember what it is.
I thought this one was really beautiful.
This one is very...unique and interesting...and homemade.
This was one of the smallest. It is in a walnut shell.
This was the smallest. I am not sure what it is made from, but it is about the size of a quarter.
I loved this. I think I will make one with Brinley. Fun FHE activity or if your in the Primary, good idea for next year if you start saving toilet paper rolls now.
This was just so cute...three wise pigs. I want to take these home.
Today was the last day for it, but I recommend going next year. Very cool!

2 comments:

kim said...

I love the Willow tree one and I really love the new one. If I had an extra $210 lying around I would scoop one up.

Sam and Jill Family said...

We went too for the first time. We have always thought about going but finally did it this year. The girls enjoyed it. I was going to take pictures and then forgot to get the camera out. We loved the pigs too, and that itty bitty one in the walnut. I also really like the one you had a picture of on there....the one where mary and joseph are facing each other and it is one piece. We also really liked the one from Germany...it was in the middle too. Just so many beautiful nativities. I love this time of year.