Friday, September 28, 2007

The Casket

First of all, I hope not to offend anyone with the pictures. Believe me, I know that they can produce tears...
When we found out about the baby having so many problems, my parents really wanted to do something for us. So my Dad, who can build anything, asked if it would be okay if he could build the casket. Of course! I just wasn't sure that he could actually finish it...building something like this for a grandchild, well, I just wasn't sure. When we would go over to my parents, I would go and check on the progress of it, not an easy thing to do in our situation, especially when you are staring at a tiny casket and the baby is kicking me. My Dad did an amazing job. I know that he literally put his tears into this. My mom calls us yesterday and was worried that we wouldn't like something about the casket, and to come take a look at it, if we felt we could. So today, I stopped by to see what she was so worried about. I don't know how I could possibly be disappointed by anything! It was beautiful and perfect! My mom had finished the inside of the casket and thought, because I like things simple, that I might think it was "over-the-top", in her words. I think that if my parents are doing something so amazing as this, I don't have the right to complain. I really fought to keep the tears back. I did okay until we started talking about what to do for the funeral. Then I realized that there really isn't much time left. I don't wish my situtaion on anyone. Anyway...I take pictures of everything, so, here are a few pictures of the casket...


6 comments:

Josh n Betsie said...

oh my goodness it is beautiful! A perfect place for your little angle baby! Love you

juleec said...

It is beautiful. What a special gift from your parents. They are amazing people - but you already knew that. Thanks for taking pictures and sharing. Hugs! Juli

Sam and Jill Family said...

Wow. Arah that is the most beautiful baby casket. It does make me cry. That is so neat that your parents could make that for you....that makes it even more special. LUV YA

Rocia said...

wow arah, i don't think i have been this emotional in a long time. it is seriously the most perfect little resting place. i love your dad & mom, i wish we lived closer to you all. xoxox, rocia

Natalie Conrad said...

Wow arah, this is beautiful! I haven't known what to say or do since I ran into you at the women's conference! SO many feelings came back. I remember picking out a casket for our special baby and how hard it was. This is really special that your parents could give such a heart-felt gift you you and to your baby!

janet said...

I am sobbing right now!! The casket is so beautiful and it's so special that the baby will have something homemade. How sweet of your parents.