Saturday, August 16, 2008

beautiful gift

Yesterday was our very first day at OUR store and we did AWESOME! Nothing like starting out a business and having a great first day. I am in charge of the finaicial part of it and it isn't going to be easy. I love numbers, but Cricket does things so weird and it's hard to figure out. I will eventually though.
As I was cleaning the bathroom at the store, that hadn't been cleaned in FOREVER, I got a phone call from my Mother in law, Barbara. She had asked if we had bought a crib yet...well, no. She said she couldn't pass up the deal and had bought us one. It came with a mattress, bumper and bed skirt and I LOVE IT! It's not white, but I love it. It's simple and beautiful and it just fits. I realized as I was putting it together that I have no bedding for a crib. I realize I don't have a lot of things and more than likely, I will have Sarah Mae at 37 weeks so that only gives me 10 weeks to get my act together and do some shopping. My wonderful friend, Lori, bought a bunch of outfits for her and they are SO CUTE! I believe I have an outfit for every size up to 2T now. Slowly but surely, I will get the shopping done. I just need the motivation and you think that having a baby would do that to you. I am so not into shopping.

8 comments:

DeAnne said...

Oooo, I love the crib! That's an awesome present too. It's very pretty. Are you having a baby shower???

arah said...

I have no idea. I am not asking anybody to do one. I know my girls are 5 years apart and I have nothing for Sarah, but I just feel wierd asking for a baby shower for another child. If it were a boy, it wouldn't feel so awkward.

Mary Child said...

Wow, what a pretty crib! Good luck with all the baby preparations.

Lisa Farman said...

Very nice crib. If you ever need a shopping buddy I am happy to help. I love shopping for baby stuff. Especially girl things. I would never pass up a chance to shop for a little girl. :-)

julie said...

arah, this turned out really cute in there. i LOVE this crib and now i'm motivated to sell the one i have & go buy a new one too.

Megan said...

LOVE the crib!!! Hope the two girls do well sleeping in the same room together!
Re: craigslist post...um, no, I don't ever remember writing to someone about breastfeeding--although that does sound like something I would do. interesting. What did it say???

Nick and Meg said...

Ha ha ha...I read the post/rant. It's definitely NOT me, but totally sounds like me! and I agree 1000% with what that lady said. ha ha. I am glad there are others out there who agree with me on something! ;-)
Thanks for sharing. Matt's funny--why was he looking at Rants on a Provo site? ha ha ha

Brandon and Lindsay said...

What a sweet mother-in-law you have! I love the crib-it is beautiful! I love my boys, but I've always wanted to have a girl just so I could decorate her room! (Luckily, I have lots of nieces!)