Thursday, January 17, 2008

Autopsy results...finally

I got a phone call today from Dr. Barrong. He had the results of the autopsy...finally. The Pathologist told us it would be three weeks, so here we are, 9 1/2 weeks later. The results are just what they expected. Olivia's kidney's were pretty much a bunch of cysts. Her lungs were undeveloped tissue and they found a hole in her heart. Everything else looked perfect.
We are so happy that it isn't genetic. The only difference with future pregnancies is that I will have more ultrasounds early on and they are going to look at putting me on something other than asprin for my blood clotting. I will still have to be on Prometrium the first 12 weeks and thats about it. Oh how I would love to have a boring pregnancy...I don't think that will ever happen so it's a good thing I have such an awesome doctor!

5 comments:

Kaisa Bailey said...

What good news! I wish you would have a boring pregnancy too. I know how constant ultrasounds are though. With Lakai I had them weekly and thankfully nothing came of it. Best of luck!

Josh n Betsie said...

Well that is good news. I hope your next pregnancy is boring. But the multiple ultrasounds are fun. I cant believe how fast babies can grow in just a few weeks. Do they know why she was only 3 1/2 pounds?

arah said...

Betsie,
She was so tiny because there wasn't any room for her to grow. Everything gets a little restricted when you don't have amniotic fluid and also, her umbilcial cord was really, really small, like no bigger around than my pinky at the thickest. I haven't heard of a baby with her disease weighing more than 5 1/2 lbs. And the length seems to be pretty short too.

janet said...

That is such great news.. not the complicated pregnancies, but the non genetic part! it's about time those results came!

: ) Paula said...

What an amazing time to live--when doctors can determine whether genetics played a role in her development and death. Good news indeed. I think of Olivia often and pray for an uneventful pregnancy and a healthy baby for you and Matt.