Sunday, November 14, 2010

3 years

Last Thursday marked 3 years since Olivia was born...and then died in my arms just short of two hours later.
I had gotten a lot of tears out early on in the week and did okay when the day actually came. Last week was a bit of a crazy week. With Sarah's birthday Tuesday, our sealing anniversary Wednesday along with my little sister finding our she was miscarrying and a great nephew being born, Thursday was Olivia's birthday and another great nephew was born. See, I told you it was crazy.
We were expecting snow last week too (which never came) so we went out the cemetery on Monday to plant flower bulbs. Early on Monday, my parents went and straightened Olivia's headstone and cleaned up the area a little. Cody and Melissa, Mackenzie's parents, had come out some time earlier and put the rocks around the girls plot.
My parents bought her balloons and brought apples from their tree.Sarah said hello to her. She loves to stand right above her and ring her chimes. My grubby little Brinley starting to dig holes for the bulbs.Melissa and Kennady met us out there to help plant bulbs for Olivia and Mackenzie. She was also smart enough to bring something to dig holes with.Then Julie came out with her kidlings and helped plant some bulbs too while the babies rearranged the apples and rocks. I hope that people don't mind that my Sarah climbs on the heastones around the cemetery.It was a grand little party :)

Melissa and I took our girls on a short trip to Seattle on Thursday night and got back Friday night. It was a needed trip and I have pictures and a post dedicated to it. I have a lot to say about last week, I just haven't had a chance to sit and write about it. So, my goal this week is to get some posts written.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you Arah. Now that I have a daughter of my own I especially cannot imagine what you must have gone through. I'm praying for you and also for Kami. Love you guys!

kim said...

I love that everyone gathered around. That is sooo wonderful. I always think of her that day, since it is also Dad's birthday. If I weren't such a dork, I would have written you. Love you!