Monday, December 17, 2007

Olivia's Chimes

My parents got Olivia chimes for Christmas. Saturday, they took it out to her grave. Brinley doesn't like to go out there, so I usually go while she is in school. Today I went out there to take pictures. I wish they would have turned out better, but it's hard to get good color in this weather. I'll get some good ones in the Spring, when we get Olivia's headstone.My amazing Dad made the crook. He did an awesome job. He painted the flowers pink and purple.
My Mom got the chimes. They aren't loud and obnoxious, so they shouldn't bother the other tenants of Saltese Cemetery.

It's interesting to me, that in the short time Olivia was here, we could see her personality. You could just tell that she was going to be very girly. She would love dolls and frilly dresses. Her favorite colors would be pink and purple. She would have been a cuddlebug and probably easy to please...Brinley was quite stubborn as a baby, still is. She loved animals and dinosaurs more than she liked dolls. It's changed some now.

9 comments:

kim said...

Very sweet. When you hear a soft chime you can think of Olivia. Is it hard to go to the cemetery? It always made it seem so real when I would go visit my grandparents. So glad Dad is not there.

arah said...

It's not hard for me. It was the first time, but I told myself "she's not here...I can talk to her whenever I want...". I go to get away from things. It's quiet there. Saltese is such an old cemetery and they sell plots by the family. So no one but Kunz family will be buried by her, Matt's parents, and probably us.

Josh n Betsie said...

Those are beautiful chimes. Sometime in the spring give her some flowers for me ok?

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful. We have our little angel ornament that we put on the tree every year to represent our Christian. We also have an ornament for Diane's son Keri. Maybe we could figure something out that each of us could put on our tree for Olivia. Just a thought. Love, Aunt Juli

Karen said...

They turned out so nice...your parents are so awesome...I think ill do something like that fro Sierra's site this spring...I hope you and matt and your family enjoy your christmas gift...if you want to change it any it wont hurt my feelings...

janet said...

I am sure you could feel her personality and know what she is/would be like. I could feel it with my children as newborns and I am sure it was even that much stronger for you, with the short time you had! And I love that you go to the cemetary often.. what a tribute to her. I am sure she knows how MUCH her mommy loves her and misses her. And what beautiful chimes!

arah said...

Karen, I love the gift. It is perfect and I'm not changing a thing. You used my favorite picture of Matt with Olivia. I love every bit of it. THANK YOU! And Marcey too, thank you!

Sam and Jill Family said...

How precious is that. Your dad is amazing with all that he can do.

Sonnet and Cameron said...

Arah, you are such a strong woman. I am so sorry to hear about sweet Olivia but it sounds like you have so much faith and support. So glad I found you...