Thursday, December 13, 2007

20 lbs down...45 to go

It has been 1 month and 2 days since Olivia was born...my milk has finally dried up and I don't have to wear a sports bra 24/7 or cabbage (some of you know what I mean)...my hormones are still a little out of whack...I don't sleep well...I haven't got much of an appetite...yet I still have this extra 45 lbs to get rid of. (Thank you mom for the "pregnancy weight gain" gene.) My mom and I have started walking at the mall while Brinley is in school. I have really enjoyed it and it gets me out of the house. I really want to start exercising more, but I know that you shouldn't "over do it". I wouldn't worry about it so much if I had a baby to carry around. Then people would know why my stomach is so, so flabby...along with my arms, thighs, butt, etc. So, do you have any suggestions on what else I could do to lose this weight? It would be much appreciated...thanks.

8 comments:

Josh n Betsie said...

I wish I had a suggestion. I never lost all my weight before I got pregnant with these two. AHHH!!! I will like have 100 to lose when I am done with this. You are really good at losing weight and you do it fast. You can do it dont worry.

kim said...

My baby just turned 4 and I still need to lose the baby weight. My thyroid issue doesn't help much. But getting off my butt and exercising would only help. Remember our lofty Weight Watcher's goals??? I did so well with that and in 2 months went down a pants size. I've stayed in that size for a few years now. Need to get back to the plan!! Good luck. but I'm sure you look great!!!

Julie Carr said...

YOu know if you loss something someone else finds it. LOL Good luck, If you really want it you can do it.

kim said...

DO NOT send it my way. I already have my share of extra. Pick on a skinny friend!!!!

Raquel Ruggles said...

Find something active that you enjoy doing. I went to a water aerobics class, and it was so fun exercising with all of the old ladies. Also, I whenever I exercise with someone else, I am more motivated to continue and I don't get burned out as quickly.

julie said...

hey arah, come workout at the Y with me!! i'm always trying to convince merv to do the bikes or eliptical but he says no thanks... :(

arah said...

i think i could handle the old ladies in the water...Julie, Matt and I are looking at joining the Y, I love the eliptical :)

janet said...

I would give anything to live next to the YMCA again. I really loved that place. Their classes are extremely good. I know it's a little intimidating going with a room full of people, but they are SO worth it. Take a friend and try the weight training/body conditioning class. It's not hard (no cardio or weird dance steps) but really works your whole body.. If Jenny is still teaching at 5:30 pm, it's my favorite. I wish I could go with you! Oh- and my kids loved the childcare for an hour or so. Anyway, I'll stop now. Can you tell I miss it?