Sunday, December 16, 2007

My Matthew

After reading comments from my last post, I realized that a lot of the Erickson family really don't know my husband that well. I know he is just going to love being the center of attention on my blog.
His name is Matthew, he has a nephew who's name is also Matthew, so he goes by Matt. He was born in Montpelier, Idaho, not far from Bear Lake, in November 1969. His family actually lived in Bern, just a few miles south of there. The whole town was Kunz'. Matt is the youngest of 6 kids. He has 4 sisters and a brother.
Matt's family moved to Spokane was he one. He has been here ever since. He was very mischievous and always getting into trouble. He loved to take things apart...still does. He graduated from West Valley High School in 1988, I was only 10 years old. He went on a mission to New Jersey and really loved it. I've heard some great stories...Matt got a postcard in the mail from a companion, who took a picture of him sitting on the toilet.
He spent 1 year at Ricks College, then moved to Seattle with a friend of his and met his first wife. She was pregnant at the time and Matt became her lamaze coach. They were married not long after the baby was born. The marriage only lasted a few years. He then moved home and worked the family business, a Maytag Home Appliance Store. I met him not long after the divorce was finalized and we started dating...
He just "graduated" (you know what I'm talking about, Karlene) with a Bachelor's in Organizational Management from Whitworth University, but has one more class to take before he will actually have a diploma. He loves cars and electronics. He really wants a Quad and a Snowmobile. We really would like to travel, I would love to take him back to London with me, my favorite city!...
He is now a Mortgage Planner...if you own a home, click here.
That is my husband in a nutshell!

5 comments:

Kaisa Bailey said...

Loved it! That makes me want to do that for Scott, but I think he would die! He would be so embarassed...
I wish we could see eachother more often and we could get to know Matt better. Until then we have "blogs"! Love you Arah, thanks for the info.!!!

Sam and Jill Family said...

Love those silly pictures of you two. And it was a very good post about Matt.

kim said...

Very cute pictures!!! Fun reading.

Raquel Ruggles said...

Thanks Arah! It was nice to get to know Matt better.

Anonymous said...

Matt! What more can I say? Just a fun guy to hang around with. I have adored him since the day he was born. So weird to think that I fed him his baby food and carried him around on my hip when I was 10. Best baby brother anyone could ever ask for.