Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What a weekend...

Friday Brinley had a doctor appointment. She is just like a girl, paints her nails before she went to see the doctor. Why is it that we shave our legs, paint our nails, and just look nice for a doctors visit (especially the OB/GYN), but don't do this often enough for our husbands...maybe it's just me. She has a rash and mollescum warts that won't go away. Finally they give us some steroid cream that is FINALLY working, after trying a billion other remedies. I go to pick up the perscription (some two hour wait) and the lady says that who ever puts the cream on needs to wash their hands immediately after, a little goes along way and don't put a whole bunch on. I'm thinking, should I be touching this stuff, being that i am pregnant and it's supposed to be supplied twice a day? So i put Matt in charge of that. I don't need one more thing to worry about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday Matt went golfing with his brother and nephews, I spent the day doing nothing. Sunday, however, I got to speak at church. So exciting. I think i did alright. We had a lesson on David Bednar's talk 'Ask in Faith' from the recent Ensign in Relief Society and I did fine until the part toward the end that talks about 'Not My Will, but Thine, Be Done'. I just cried. It hit a little too close to home. There is a girl in our ward that just had a baby and gave him up for adoption. She was crying too, and actually, i did fine until I saw her. I can't imagine how hard that must have been for her. It took a lot of courage to give her child to another family. I've thought about her a lot over the last few weeks. We got a chance to talk for a few minutes after. I can imagine that I've had some of the same feelings she has. Luckily, for her, it's an open adoption, so she gets to see glimpses of his life.
After church, it was nap time and then we picke dup Julie and Cody and went up to Fairmont Cemetery. They have a memorial day concert and hundreds of flags flying everywhere. There were so many people there. We walked around with the kids and looked at the headstones.
Cody and Julie were getting ready for a bike ride and Cody wouldn't take his helmet off, so he just wore it the rest of the evening.
This statue sits in the middle of all the children's graves. I have a few friends that have their babies buried at this cemetery, so i got a chance to visit them. Thank you to my friends who visited Olivia this weekend. We didn't get a chance to go out that way.
Afterward we went to Artic Circle for ice cream treats...I know, it was Sunday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cody spent the night Sunday. Monday we went fishing at Clear Lake. We picked up mom to go with us too. My dad and brother had to work and Julie and Merv wanted to finish some stuff on their house, so it was us, Cody and my mom. The weather was nice, except for a strong breeze.



We caught exactly ZERO fish. I don't think anybody else on the lake caught anything either.
My mom is a crack up, she was listening the her Ipod and singing along to it. She was way off on the tune, but we all had a good time listening to her belt out the off notes.

9 comments:

Sam and Jill Family said...

I can't believe that I get to be the first to comment on your blog. Hee, hee. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend. I love that you went to the cemetary. I used to always do that on Memorial day with my grandparents....we would take flowers around to all of their parents and then have a picnic....good memories.

Lisa Farman said...

It looks like you had a great weekend. You did a great job on your talk on Sunday. I actually listened to the whole thing. I don't usually get to do that with my boys. It wasn't an easy subject to talk on either.

Sam said...

Good job on your talk on Sunday. I'm also glad you went and spoke to the gal in our ward. I was sitting by her and did not know what to say, so I just gave her a little hug. What a heroic lady. And how incredibly hard would that be?

Josh n Betsie said...

Looks like you have a ton of fun. Brinley is so stinking cute. I can't wait until my girls are big like that so they do girl things. I gained 42 pounds with the girls which is the same actually as the boys i just started out 10lbs heavier.

kim said...

The older 2 had molescum warts. Talk about enduring little buggers!!! Noah had over 20 burned off, it took 3 of us to hold him down, but since I wouldn't let them burnin the groin area, it didn't matter because unless you get them all you can keep getting more.(of course he failed to mention that before we started burning them off) My regular dr was so angry. We never had to go to urgent care or the other dr. again. Noah got the chicken pox and that finally got rid of them and Anna got some other itchy thing that kicked up her immune system. I HATE those warts.

Glad you had a good weekend. I've been a poor commenter lately. In a bit of a slump I guess. My emails must have sounded sad because Paula is flying down tomorrow. Thinking of you!! Love ya!

Darla said...

This is a great post Arah! I love the story about Brinley going to the Doctor. Too true!! Poor Geof. had to deal with me not shaving my legs for like the first 2 months of marriage (I thought I would use an epilady)!! Your mom is adorable and like I say all the time, why didn't we get to know you all better growing up?!! That's it, I'm coming to visit as soon as I get to Washington okay?

DeAnne said...

I just love reading your blog. It always makes me smile and feel good inside, even the sad stuff. You are just like a ray of sunshine spreading warmth and love to everyone!

Shevaun said...

Your mom is so cute. And I cannot tell you enough how beautiful your daughter is. Love you tons!

The Barney's said...

Your mon IS really cute. Your Ipod/singing comment totally made me laugh cause Katelyn bought an Ipod from one of our employees for $5 and listens to it all the time ans sings so loud and completely out of tune. Good laughs!! I also loved that Cody left his helmet on. It must be a boy thing cause Logan and Tyson have done that before. I am sure your talk was wonderful! So glad you guys had such a good weekend.