Thursday, May 22, 2008

quick dates

My sweet husband works really, really hard (he works 2 jobs). I don't see him all that often and we haven't been on a date in quite some time. Last night i picked him up from work and since Brinley was at my sister Julie's house, we had a impromptu date at the falls. It was more of a walk around the park and taking pictures, but it's better than no date at all. i hate this picture of me and my very round face, but it was the better of the ones I took.
This is one of the reasons I love Spokane. Could we live in a more beautiful city with some awesome parks!
The water is really, really high right now just down the river from here basements have been flooding along with some roads around Spokane and Couer d'Alene.
Yeah, the lilacs have finally bloomed and they smell so GOOD! Too bad Matt is allergic, i would plant some in our yard.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This morning I took Matt to work after dropping Brinley off at school. So we snuck in a second date at a local bakery/coffee shop called Rockwood Bakery. The hot chocolate was delicious and the pastries HUGE! (No, I did not finish it.) We felt a little out of place. Most of the people in the bakery were 'catalog' people (if you've seen Best In Show, then you know what I''m talking about).

14 comments:

Karen said...

I cant wait for my hubby to come home now so i can sneek a date in with him...yummy food where is the bakery at?

Karlene said...

How funny - I am in one of the pictures you took!!! Great minds think alike. :)

Karlene said...

Scratch that - you actually got me in one and the whole family in another. I am so amused....

arah said...

Karlene,
That is really funny! I opened up the pictures ans sure enough, there you guys were. We were on that bridge not 2 minutes before I took these.
Karen, that bakery is on 18th, just a block off of Grand across from Manito park. There is a Rocket Bakery in Millwood that I hear is pretty good too and not so far to drive.

Nick and Meg said...

I miss you guys-Nick and I really need a couple quicky dates too...you've inspired me!
Hey....I think we all need a pregnancy update. LOVE your blogs!

DeAnne said...

Good for you, getting in two dates in a row. We totally need to get out more. I thought that was a really good picture of you on top. You are so cute!

Mary Child said...

Way to go on squeezing in some dates together... we haven't mastered that yet.

Get 'em in while you can... in 5-ish months it will be harder to find the time!!!

Wonderland Girl said...

Yay for dates!!
I hope to go on one soon, now that some time has possibly been freed up.

And YAY for lilacs!!

Kaisa Bailey said...

How cool is that park? That is something I could definitely use a little more of! That breakfast looks delicious...by the way, I still haven't done anything to the hardware on the dresser. Rocia is here this weekend though, so it will be done before she leaves (:

Darla said...

Arah,
how do you add music to your blog? I tried following the simple instructions to no avail. That park is incredible, by the way! and the pastry..., I would of eaten 2.

The Barney's said...

That was awesome you made the time. I get so excited when I know Justin and I get to go on a date. We went to Vegas for work just a few days ago and although it so was not the place we'd pick to go but it was incredibly wonderful to just get to spend time without fighting kids and daily chaos, etc. I ate enough pastries to double maybe even triple yours, while in Vegas but I alsways have room for more!! I miss being in Spokane for the springs and going to the Lilac parade. They are so pretty! Lori

Josh n Betsie said...

ok that cinnamon roll made me want one so Ami is going to make some for me tomorrow. This is going to make it hard to lose any baby weight. Even though I am already down 20 lbs in a week. YIPPEE!!

Marnie said...

I really like that picture of you two. I need to come visit Spokane; I bet I would love it.
I like the babystology floating on your blog. I will have to remember that if I get pregnant again.

Forever Young said...

Totally know what you are talking about...That movie (Best in Show) is hilarious:)