Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

I had a nice Mother's Day. It was emotional, but nice. After church we had a picnic with Olivia. The weather wasn't perfect and we got a few sprinkles but it was really nice to be with both my girls. I think the people that stopped by the cemetery thought it was a little odd to see us but I didn't care.

Brinley picked a handful of tulips from our yard for Olivia. We also left an apple for the deer.


A family portrait. Brinley was done by this point.
We visited Matt's mother after our picnic for a while and then headed to my mom's house where we took a Sunday afternoon nap. I'm sure my mom enjoyed watching Brinley while we slept, which wasn't on purpose. THANKS MOM...for the nap.

11 comments:

Kaisa Bailey said...

Happy Mother's Day Arah. What a cool way to spend it with your girls!...ok Matt too. You look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi Arah! Happy mom's day! I think it's great that you had a picnic with both your girls. I wish they had a support group for moms who lost a child they were adopting....

Josh n Betsie said...

I love the family picture. You look great and what a great idea to have a picnic with olivia. I am sure she enjoyed it so much. I also love the picture of Grandma...it makes me miss all of you guys so much. I know I am WAY emotional right now but I wish I lived closer to family.
love you guys

janet said...

What a great way to celebrate... with a picnic AND a nap!

and leeanne-- I don't know you, but I am so sorry for the loss of your child! What a trial!

Mary Child said...

Glad you had a happy mother's day Arah!

Cindy said...

I'm glad to hear it was a good mother's day Arah. You spent it in the right place with all the family together. Very awesome. Happy Mother's day again.

Uberly Ewe said...

Arah, I think it is great that you guys spent some time with Olivia. Who cares what other people think about you guys having a picnic there. It helps to heal your family and Olivia knows that you care. She is looking down from Heaven and can feel your love.

And I know what you mean Leeanne about a support group for mother's who lost their adoptive child. I was thinking about our little guy who was placed with us last August and removed in September. He has been heavy on my mind lately.

Lisa Farman said...

What a nice way to spend your Mother's Day. I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day.

Marnie said...

Sometimes we go to hang out at my mothers and brothers grave. I get a bit worred that others think I am strange too.

Anonymous said...

You can have a nap at the ol homestead any time you want. Love MOM

The Barney's said...

What a great place for a Mothers Day picnic and so nice of you to leave the deer an apple. Always thinking of others. You are such a great and amazing mother! I love ya, Lori