Wednesday, May 14, 2008

twins

I thought I was going to be spending my day cleaning and organizing my basement. Instead, I got a call from Heather and spent the afternoon at Sacred Heart with twin boys. They were so tiny and perfect, born at 21 weeks. They were strong and lived 1 1/2 hours.
My heart breaks for the parents, especially the fathers. They don't get the bonding like the mothers do, until the baby is born. Such a sweet family.
I wish I could at least show you a picture of their tiny feet, but they aren't my pictures. so to give you an idea of size, the babies weighed aprox. 1 lb each and the longer one was 11 1/2 inches.
I feel blessed to be doing photography for these families. It has really been healing for me. I have always wanted to work with babies, I never thought it would be like this. I know things such as these happen for a reason, I would have never had the opportunity to do what I am doing now if it hadn't been for Olivia. I feel that not only did her life have a purpose, but it gave me one too. Photography has always been a hobby of mine, I never really wanted to make a career out of it, so why not use it for a greater purpose.

10 comments:

Karlene said...

I thought you were going to tell us all you were pregnant with twins, then I opened the post.

4 years ago our twin nephews were born. They came in an emergency C-section at 26 weeks 5 days. Ben weighed 2 pounds, Brian weighed in at 2 lb. 1 oz.

How I wish someone would have been there for Adam's sister when Brian passed away. He never made it out of the hospital for more than a week. And that was only twice in his life.

I'm sorry I'm rambling - for some reason this post really got me. I miss Brian so very much.

DeAnne said...

This is such a special opportunity for you. I am so glad for you that it is helping you through the healing process. I think it is amazing that people have the chance to preserve the precious memories of their babies too. Thank you for all you share and for your example of strength!

Josh n Betsie said...

I thought you were going to say you were having twins also. That would be so crazy huh? Those babies must have been so small. I can't even imagine. Once again you are awesome! I wish you were here to take pictures of my girls when they are born.

Darla said...

Arah,
I think it's incredible that you're doing this! The Lord really seems to have a hand in your life. That's so important and great that you realize that. You're a strong person ya know.

Mary Child said...

Arah, I agree with all the above comments, and it is so inspiring to see you doing so much good, and contributing so positively in the aftermath of your own tragedy. You really are an AMAZING example of strength to all of us. I feel so lucky to have your influence in my life; Brinley is so lucky to have a mom like you.

Lisa Farman said...

I am so glad that you have gotten this wonderful opportunity. What an amazing gift you have been able to give to these families. You have such an amazing spirit about you. I am so grateful to know you.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet opportunity! You get to be so close to heaven with these little ones. You have a beautiful talent, glad you can use it for such a great purpose.

Cindy said...

21 weeks old. I can't even imagine how tiny they could be. Mom's aren't even hardly showing that early. it's great you have gotten this oppurtunity and it's helping you heal.

Cindy said...

21 weeks old. I can't even imagine how tiny they could be. Mom's aren't even hardly showing that early. it's great you have gotten this oppurtunity and it's helping you heal.

Wendy said...

This is such a positive thing you're doing for other families who are suffering. I'm so glad that you can help others while its healing for you.