Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's

I can't say that my mom and I have always been real close. I guess I could blame it on middle-child-syndrome or me just being independent and stubborn. I've learned a lot from my mother over the years... her kids came first, having fun didn't mean you had to spend money to do it, sometimes it's okay to skip school and go to San Fransisco for the day, you do the best you can with what you are given and family is important. My mom has always been one to keep everyone happy even if it meant she would have to go without and she is still like that. She's a beautiful woman and I have no idea where I came from. She is very faithful and has a strong testimony. I love you Mom! I hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day.

I have only had Barbara as a Mother for 8 1/2 years. She is the sweetest lady and raised an amazing family which I am so blessed to be a part of. She has always made me feel welcome. We constantly tease each other and joke about keeping a notebook with all the things we do to each other. She is a patient woman and very understanding. I couldn't have asked for a better Mother in Law. She hates having her picture taken, but I love seeing the joy in her face so I take them anyway. I love you Barbara and hope that you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

7 comments:

janet said...

What a sweet post! Your mother in law is such a sweetheart.. love the picture of her.

and your mom is beautiful! I was going to say that you look just like her-- so what's this "I don't know where I came from" talk? I am so glad you live by both of your moms! What a blessing.

ps. I LOVE all your songs! We definitely have the same taste in music.

Anonymous said...

We'll have to work on getting closer even if I'm 30 years late. I love you for the wonderful mother and wife that you are. You've always have set a wonderful example to your sibblings and have always done the right thing for the right reason. Like I've said before my children made being a parent easy. I love you Arah. MOM

Anonymous said...

Arah, Your Dad is pretty wonderful and I feel very blessed to be married to him, why he stayed with me I don't know. I guess because we're in love and old shoes are just comfortable. Anyway, all your wonderfulness comes from your Dad, of course. I just carried you for nine and a hafe months. Love MOM

Anonymous said...

Opps!!! type-o, half months. Sorry.

Marnie said...

What beautiful mommies. I was just telling Kami that your mom looks just as I remember.

Darla said...

You guys are such a sweet family. I sure wish we can get to know you better! Why do we have to live so far away?! Better yet, why do YOU have to live so far away? (:

birdeeb said...

What a great post! And Matt's momma is too cute! She looks like the sweetest lady EVER! Your mom looks like a cute momma too! I like the pictures & I think you do a great job!