Monday, March 17, 2008

Media Fast

At church yesterday, Bishop Creagh asked us to have a media fast this week so that we could focus on more spiritual things leading up to Easter. So far, things have been not to bad. I woke up this morning and turned on the TV and then turned it right back off, remember that news is media. (I don't consider that email and blogging to be media. Blogs are like journals. Email is just like walking out to your mailbox to get get mail, except you don't have to put your shoes on.)
After church, i did some visiting and Matt and Brinley took a nap. We had got invited to dinner at some friends house, so I got home just in time to leave again. so overall, Sunday was not hard.

So, today after taking Brinley to school, I came home and paid bills. After picking her up, we went to visit Grandma Kunz. I had errands to run and I don't usually listen to the radio in the car, Brinley and I have great conversations or it's listening to Brinley's music. Then we got home and this is what we did...

Brinley picked out this cake mold for her birthday. I thought it would be a good idea to test to see if it would work out okay. We had a lot of fun! Brinley picked the colors. Oh yeah, it's supposed to be a cupcake.
Brinley hasn't mentioned the TV once today. I am impressed with her. This week should be interesting.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I love all your posts since I last viewed your blog. You can totally tell it's a cupcake and it turned out awesome. Brinley is a marvelous decorator. I didn't know you use to clog. I love clogging. At the next GNO you'll have to do a number for us.

arah said...

oh Cindy, i don't see that happening. My sister did send me the video, but I look like such a dork, i definetly do not belong in front of a camera!

kim said...

Darling cake. I think I would be a bit too lonely to so a media fast. I have nobody to talk to at night. As it is I am going through about 5 books a week. I am trying to sew. I don't want to eat whatever cute things I would bake. I think it is a great idea, but a while week with just 4 kids to talk to????

Allie said...

Arah,

I still read your blog, hope you don't mind. What was my dad thinking?????!!!!!! Good luck! For the record, he never asked for anything like that when we were growing up in their home! It does sound like a good idea-but with kids...wow! Super hard. What will he come up with next??

arah said...

Allie,
I figured one of bishop Creagh's kids would leave a comment. This is not the first time he's done this, I believe its about the third.
Brinley has been awesome about it, but i wish the weather was warmer, we would be outside palying. I have got a lot of projects done and my house is clean.

Lisa Farman said...

That is a great cake, what a cute idea. You always find the greatest things. Looks like you two had tons of fun. Hyrum is going to have a Jungle party for his birthday and we are going to make either a snake cake or a tiger cake. He isn't really sure which one he wants yet. I should do a practice run too.