Saturday, March 1, 2008

Before and after

I am so greatful to have internet back! I felt like this week, i have been so out of touch with the rest of the world and even missed a few important emails. So anyway, I promised to post pictures of my house after it was painted. Please note that I haven't got to decorating yet, I have had a million other things to do first. We went with very muted colors. We figure we can add color with accent peices and art.
Here is the front room. I wasn't planning on painting it quite yet, but there was so much smoke from candles and outlines of the things they had hangign on the walls, that we had too. I couldn't wash it off. We went with a color called Macaw from the Ralph Lauren Collection. this is not a good picture of the color.

Here is the kitchen. The color of Key Lime was getting to me the first day we were cleaning. Since I was going to have to paint to the living room anyway, why not do the kitchen too.

I don't have anything on the walls yet, the color is Manatee Grey from Glidden. It actually is a light green with a grey cast to it. I absolutely loved how it turned out. These pictures don't really do it justice.

Old kitchen.

New Kitchen. Matt doesn't want to put the doors back up...yet. We will see how clean I can keep it before we make the decision to put them on again.Old bathroom.The bathroom reminded Matt of a hospital, so we painted it too. The color is called Khaki Shorts from ACE Hardware. By the way, if you live in the Spokane Valley and need to get paint, take your colors to Darci at Ace on Argonne and Montgomery. She is awesome and Ace has some of the best paint. She does the best job at matching color. Plus, you'll save a few dollars.

Here is Brinley's purple bedroom. She is very proud of it and LOVES it!

I would have put pictures of our bedroom up, but it had become somewhat of a catch-all this week. I didn't feel like cleaning it before taking a picture, so too bad for you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have really made a beautiful home!!! Good work!

-Dave and Tiff

Kim and Aaron W. said...

Wow! You did a great job painting! Wanna come do mine? Your house is adorable!
Kim

Cindy said...

Love the new house and the colors you picked. I looks so cozy and it's your very own. How exciting. It's nice to have you back in the blogging world.

kim said...

Fun colors!! I wish when I said I hadn't cleaned before a picture it meant only 1 stuffed animal on the floor.

Julie Carr said...

Love the house I wish I came to see it. Well, I love the pics. Talk to you soon.

janet said...

Oh.. these pictures are so much fun! I am sure you are having a blast with your new house!!! You can tell you have a knack for decorating. This is NOT one of my strong points. so whenever we DO get a house, I will need some good advice! I LOVE all the colors!