Sunday, July 27, 2008

fun with the Whalen family

Saturday our friends, the Whalens, invited us to go to Pend Orielle River. We were going to go up Friday night, but Matt doesn't get home from work until almost 7 and then we would have to drive about 1 1/2 hours and set up a tent, etc., etc. along with my back going out earlier this week, it wasn't going to happen. We left early Saturday morning and made it up there about 10am. The weather was perfect and the water was warm. Karlie and Brinley...Karlie is hilarious and just goes nonstop. She is so cute, Brinley just loves her. Brinley came up to me during our day and asked "Why does Karlie always smile?". She is just a happy kid...and a fish. The girl LOVES water.
Brinley wanted to get into the water, but not really. She was afraid a fish might nibble on her toes, I don't blame her, that thought always freaked me out too.
I sat in the boat and played flag girl and photographer. The Whalen boys wakeboarded while we enjoyed the views. They are pretty good at it too.
Back on the shore, Matt watched the fish swimming under the dock. Dusty, the dog, made a new friend. Dusty loves water and fetch, they were launching a toy out in the water and Dusty would swim out and get it, yelping the whole way. It was really funny. Brinley got brave and she and Karlie went tubing. They had a blast. I could hear Brinley yelling "This is so much fun, I can't believe I'm actually tubing..." Once she figured out how fun it was, she wanted to go faster and faster.
Later we took a boat ride down the river when I started getting sick. I was for sure once I got to the dock, I was going to throw up. Luckily, it passed, but it seems way worse when your pregnant and the baby is moving too...ugh.
Thank you Whalens. We had such a fun time.

1 comment:

Kim and Aaron W. said...

Anytime guys... We need to do it again... It was a lot of fun spending the day with your family. Karlie had a blast...