Friday, November 9, 2007

37 weeks...

Tomorrow will put me at 37 weeks...I can't believe it, three weeks left, if I make it that far. If I get to next week I will have been pregnant longer than I was with Brinley. It's getting a little hard to think about, but I have been mentally preparing myself for the things to come.
We went to see the Dr. again today. I must have given the baby some caffeine because it's heart rate was at 157 and the last 5 months it's been at 140. It's still breech and will stay that way. The Dr. also said I was getting a bladder infection...fantastic!...I have never had a bladder infection and I don't want anything to do with one.
Brinley gave us a MRSA scare yesterday...just what I needed to deal with with all the other things on my mind. (For those of you who don't live around Spokane, there is a strain of MRSA that is a superbug and has infected about 5 children. There is nothing you can do for it, and you have to take like three baths a day and disinfect EVERYTHING! Even the schools these kids went to had to close for a day to disinfect.) Brinley has a spider bite-like sore on the back of her leg, along with a rash. I didn't think anything of it, it had been there for a few days and I had been putting some rash cream and neosporin on it. Matt had checked online to see what MRSA looked like and sure enough, it looks similar to what she has. So we took her in. We will know Monday what strain it is, the Dr. gave us antibiotics and a cream to put on it, told us to wash our hands often, and to keep it covered. But no concerns for spreading it. YEAH! But man, did it wear me out yesterday to have to deal with that all morning...now a bladder infection...WAAAAA!
To pass my time, a friend of mine, Kim Whalen, ( i know WAY too many Kim's to just go by Kim) dropped by a series of books for me to read. THANK YOU KIM!!! The Twilight series...I am addicted. I'm not sure why you get sucked (hahaha, get it!) into these books. They are great! They are about a family of vampires and a girl who finds out about their secret...actually it's about the girl. I read the first 2 in 4 days, but I know that there are people who have finished all 3 in less time than I have read the first 2. My sister, Corinne, stayed up all night reading one of them. I never thought of her as a book nut, but I guess you learn something everyday. So I would like to ask...
Do you know any good books? Leave a comment, please! I need to keep mind busy, and I love to read. I am also a puzzle nut, I am known for finishing puzzles in record time, I love them. If you have a good puzzle sitting around your house (Spokane people) that you have done and wouldn't mind letting me borrow it, that would be awesome too. I promise not to lose any pieces!

4 comments:

Raquel Ruggles said...

I haven't read the Twilight series yet, I almost don't want to start because I don't want to be addicted. Some books that I recommend are:
Stolen Lives, by Malika Oufkir and Michele Fitoussi, and I enjoyed reading Flags of our Fathers and Flyboys. Too bad I don't live closer, you could borrow mine.

kim said...

This summer all my sisters in law and nieces were reading those books. I waited to read them until this week. I read the second one in one sitting. Unfortunately I started it at 10:30 p.m. I am going to get the third one today. I am not sure why these are soooo good, but they are awesome.

Josh n Betsie said...

Well I don't read any books but between grandma and I we have had enough bladder infections to give anyone advice. I am surprised they haven't called me yet to tell me I have one. It will be ok. Did they give you meds for it?

The Barney's said...

Wendy gave it to me for my birthday last week. Everyone is reading it here in Boise. I read #1 in just over 24 hours. I just bought #2 and #3 but I have been too busy to start #2 cause when I do, I won't be able to put it down. But I can't wait. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't read a book (besides the scriptures)since I was not even knowingly prego with Tyson (gee almost 2 1/2 years ago). But this series is a must read.