Thursday, February 11, 2010

love rocks!

I have always loved homemade valentines. Brinley loves them too. I have found some really creative and fun valentines on the web. I borrowed some of the ideas I found and changed them up a bit to fit what I wanted to do. We took advantage of our chalkboard wall and made some really fun valentines. The best part of these is that they are super easy and cheap. Had them printed in 1 hour. Brinley had seen some decoration at school that said 'love rocks' and wanted her bubble to say just that.
Can I just tell you how much fun our chalk board wall has been. We love it! Brinley practices her spelling words on it...makes homework a lot more interesting.The hardest part was cutting out the holes to thread the bag through. If I hadn't alread had the bags done, I would have used something to twist close.
Brinley loved them and is excited to give them out at school today. We don't have school tomorrow or Monday, so the whole school gets to celebrate Valentine's Day by going roller skating all day and then have class parties in the afternoon when they get back.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh those are SOOOOOOO cute. Stealing this idea for later!

Awesome job mom!!

DeAnne said...

That is such a cool idea Arah!

Lisa Farman said...

Way too cool. That is such a great idea for valentine cards. Way more fun than the cheesy ones you get at the store.

Debbie said...

This is a great idea! I haven't looked at your blog in such a long time. I like the picture of you and your sibs at the ugly sweater party. The cake for Matt was way COOL. Where was your headline picture taken? Did your cohort in crime and photography take it? You look suitably disgusted for your surroundings. I like it.