Monday, November 24, 2008

sleep deprived

please forgive me for not posting as often as before...my brain remembers only things like...well, nothing. It's pretty blank up there.
Sarah still has her nights and days mixed up. I don't always get a chance to take a nap, however, today I did (thank you PBS kids).
This week is filled with Brinley's school, food shopping, family in town, cooking, baking, crafting, Christmas shopping and sleepless nights. I am sure that I might be able to catch a nap in there somewhere with family in town.
Matt's birthday was yesterday. Did we do anything? Nope. We didn't even make it to church. (I finally fell asleep at about 6:30am) I feel as if I am becoming inactive. I can't see that it is going to be any better in December. My intentions are good, but I really think Brinley should be at Primary on Sunday.
Things that did get done:
We threw my sister, Kami, a birthday party at my parents house. I'm glad my dad enjoys having us come over so that we can make a mess of his house instead of ours. I made navajo tacos and brownies, while Julie provided the ice cream, whipped cream and exploding hot fudge. Kami brought over RockBand...such a fun game. I got to sing a few songs, off tune, of course. (Our family was NOT blessed with music skills...absolutely zero!) We had a blast though. I know this is like the third time you've seen a photo like this, but literally, this is what Brinley loves to do with Sarah...just hold her and give her the binky.
Our lawn is free of leaves.Thank you to the nice man/student that stopped by our house and asked if he could clean our yard...YES! YES YOU CAN! (did I sound a little too excited about the thought of having a clean yard?) He raked our billion leaves from our yard and it was worth every penny! I can't believe it only took him 4 hours to get it done.
Cody was staying with us and LOVED playing in the piles. The man was very nice about letting the kids play in the piles of leaves.

Brinley did not want me to take her picture, but I wanted to show you her loveley outfit that she picked out herself. My personal favorite thing about this particular outfit, the skeleton gloves.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you are not getting enough sleep. It's funny because we want them to sleep so we can get things done during the day and then at night they want to play.
Hope you can fit a nap in sometime this week.

That was really nice of the man to come and rake you leaves. Last year when it snowed a lot, I was shoveling and a van pulled up to my house ful of youth from a Christian church andthe started shoveling for me. It was so sweet!

Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving, get some rest, and don't worry about missing church. Hey, you just had a baby!

Happy Belated birthday Matt!

Emily Lyman said...

Let Me just say...I know just how you feel! Jamen actually slept for 4 hours straight last night, and it felt like I got a full nights rest.
Does Sarah cry and fuss and eat all night?
Anyway, don't be in a huge hurry to take Sarah to church,RSV season has officially started. I'm hoping Brett and I can alternate for a while, I don't want Jamen catching anything.

Brandon and Lindsay said...

What a beautiful little girl, Arah! I'm glad she is so mellow, although I hope she gets the sleeping thing figured out! That is always the hardest part for me - I don't do well AT ALL without a decent night's sleep! Please send Brinley over to play with Ethan one of these days so you can get a little more rest! (If she can bear to part with her little sis!)
I'm glad you were able to go to Olivia's grave, even if it wasn't on her birthday. I'm sure she understands:) what a blessing she has been to your family, even though she was only with you for a short while! I know she can't wait to see you all in heaven some day and play with her sweet sisters!

Marnie said...

Brinley looks great. Chloe comes up with some interesting things to wear too. But she actually did a good job.

Darla said...

SLEEP, girl! (; If only it was that easy. Hey, we're planning on coming up Dec.13-16. Would that work for you??