Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sarah Mae was spoiled...

Last night my sister, Julie, and my really good friend, Pam, along with help from my mom, gave me an awesome baby shower for Sarah. It was a perfect ending to a day were I DID NOT feel good, including throwing up just hours before the party. The food was AMAZING the gifts were awesome and it was just an all around fun, relaxed enjoyable night.
I stole this pic from Julie's blog.
Julie just looks so cute pregnant.
This Sara from the MISS Foundation, I didn't realize until she got there that we have very similar haircuts and glasses...Sara and Arah, how funny!
I got the coolest gifts from all of my friends. I was so happy to get clothes because I really didn't have any. Sarah got lots of blankets, diapers, clothes and bath stuff. There was a theme of pink and brown, which was totally awesome because I love pink and brown and everything is adorable, but it was also unintentional...maybe i was sending out brain waves or something? There was scrap booking stuff there and a lot of my friends made pages, so all I have to do is add pictures and journal. It turned out so cute, thank you everyone!

Sarah totally scored! I get to have a belly cast done, thanks to Pam, and Brinley even got a few gifts, a doll, she named Megan after a friend from school, and a little friend from her church class, Ethan, gave her some jelly bracelets and lip gloss, which she wore to school for picture day.

I want to thank everybody for everything! Julie and Pam for all the hard work they did. It was perfect. I loved everything about it. Thank you Pam for letting us crash your house. and everyone who could make it the the baby shower, it really meant a lot to me for you be there. I feel very loved. and those who couldn't make it, I know that you would have liked to have come, I feel loved by you too. if I forgot you on the invite list, it was not intentional, I tried to include everyone and I have preggo brain.

All day, yesterday, I wasn't sure how I was going to react to this baby shower. Its been kinda bittersweet, something hard to explain because I feel that it wasn't something I got to experience with Olivia. Maybe it sounds weird, but I felt like that it should have been Olivia that was supposed to get all this new stuff and Sarah to get the hand-me-downs. Maybe that is why I haven't wanted to buy anything for so long. Now it's just getting to were it's a need-to get it.

I REALLY am excited about having Sarah here. I think that her birth will be just as emotional for me as Olivia's. I think it will be a little bit surreal for us to have her here, to think that we will actually have another baby in the house, a baby that is healthy, that will cry and poop and be hungry. A baby I get to bring home...not have to hand over to the Chaplain to take to the morgue. Another sweet little girl to add to our family.

10 comments:

Karlene said...

You look so happy! So glad that you girls all got spoiled - you deserved it!

Karen said...

Ok you get the crying award tonight...I'm so excited for you and Matt to be having a healthy baby...I know after losing Sierra Having Hayden was a really humbling experience...

Sam said...

Great pics! Sam

Raquel Ruggles said...

you look so beautifu! I am so excited for you to have a baby to bring home.

Lisa Farman said...

The shower was so much fun and I am so glad that you felt better by the time you got there. The food was way too good to not get to enjoy it. :-)

CrazyMomof7 said...

I was very happy to help. It was great to see you having a good time. Let me know when you are ready for your belly casting. I usually say at 37ish weeks but I am thinking before then =-)

Wendy said...

Looks like so much fun. Thanks for being open with your feelings about everything. I can see how this would be a little bittersweet. I'm excited to see pics of your new little baby.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I missed it! I had the flu...yuck! I do have a gift for Sarah and I'll bring it Sunday.

So glad you had a good time and scored some awesome gifts.

HUGS!
:) Tiff

Emily Lyman said...

Arah, I have not seen you look that happy in a long time....you looked beautiful! I miss you so much, I wish I could have been there. You will have something coming in the mail though.
Love ya!

Becky said...

Wish I could have been there! Looks like it was fun- and the food does look amazing. Do I even see some Tuxedo Brownie Cups in there?? Anyway, congratulations over and over again!!