Thursday, August 14, 2008

Grace

I have a friend (two actually) who would have a child in Kindergarten, but instead, they mourn the loss of their would be 5 year old and watch as their friends prepare their Kindergartener's for their first year of school.
So, in memory of my friend, Sarah's, sweet daughter, Grace, who never took in a breath, she is asking that as you go school shopping this year, that you might buy a backpack full of supplies for a child who can't afford it.
You can read more about Grace's backpack project here.
I think this is fantastic. In 5 years, when Olivia would be starting school, you just might see that I will be asking the same of you.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Would Sarah mind if I bought some Korean school supplies and brought them home. They wouldn't be here at the beginning of the school year, but close. The thing I'm concerned about is if the kids would like something so different. I think the pencil cases and notebooks are really cute, but maybe a 5 or 6 year old would not want to be different. Thoughts?