Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Olivia's 2nd birthday

I really need to be better about posting on my blog. Life has been super busy and I just haven't had a chance to sit at the computer for blogging. Today I have a bad head cold and I feel like crap, so I'm not doing much, perfect time for posting...
for Olivia's birthday, we went to visit her little grave. Other's had visited too and left balloons...THANK YOU! It meant a lot. Matt had to work, so it was me and the girls.
We brought apples and pears and Brinely picked out a dozen roses too. Sarah sculpted an apple with her teeth before leaving it for the deer.Julie and her kids met us out at the cemetery, but it was so cold, we waited in the car for them. Brinley picked out an apple for herself and shared it with Sarah while we waited.Cody brought some carrots, well actually a huge bag. The kids scattered them everywhere. I am sure the deer feasted that night. It was a nice, quiet day. We left from there and went to the mall. We dropped the older kids off to play while we took the babies and walked around, window shopping.
We didn't make a cake this year, I didn't feel like making it. I didn't cry this year either. But made up for it the next day when I went to the WSU Spokane campus and spoke with the nursing students, which has always been healing for me.

4 comments:

DeAnne said...

Man, time goes so fast anymore.

Marnie said...

the bag of carrots-awesome! I think the roses and baloons are perfect and kind.

Forever Young said...

What a wonderful tradition. I'm sure she is smiling down on you guys. You can feel here sweet spirit in those pictures. Love you guys, so much!!!
Meg

Lisa Farman said...

Very nice. Thanks for taking some time to visit my family there as well.