Friday, February 8, 2008

I have been a total slacker this week with my blog. but i have been so out of place...no home. We have been at my parents for a total of 1 week now and have at least 1 more to go. My parents are awesome and have been great to let Brinley leave her stuff everywhere... toys in the front room, underwear in the bathroom, toys in the tub, cereal in the cupboard...you get the idea. I am glad I have such accomidating parents. Their house has always felt inviting and comfortable.
Today I have been watching my friend, Lindsey's kids. They just love to play together and I never have to worry about them. Today they were playing "grandparents". An interesting game of "I am the grandma, come have tea with me" type of game. Well, Chloe, who is 7 was the grandma, Cooper, who is 5 was the grandson. Brinley, my unusual child, played the "grand-cat". She loves being a cat. It was quite entertaining, but at least she has fun!

5 comments:

Marnie said...

Yes, the Erickson home was always inviting. Found, comfy memories.

Every house should have a grand-cat. Cute, sounds like she takes after her aunty Kami.

Karlene said...

Hope you get settled into your new house soon! I remember how hard to go home it was no matter how inviting Mom's house was. You still aren't "home".

Let me know your new address and phone number when you get a chance (you know how I have to keep the directory up!)

Kami said...

Marnie's right! Brinley sounds like me, I never wanted to be the kid, I was always the dog or the cat when we played house.

Silly girl. . .

Nick and Meg said...

Arah-coming to Utah next weekend? Like what dates??? I am SO excited- I have to work so I need to know when you will be here so I can take some time off to spend with you...I hope everyone else can come, but if it's just you that will a-ok with me! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

janet said...

don't feel bad about not blogging when you don't have a house!! You have every excuse to take a break!

I LOVE the grand-cat idea. what a creative little girl you have!