Monday, March 12, 2012

the sparrow

SPARROW...
Many ancient cultures (and it's still a belief held in some places today) believed that the sparrow is one of the only creatures which can see the human soul when it leaves the body. They can see it descending to enter the body of a baby before it is born, and they can see it leaving the body of a person who dies. It also has the power to aid the spirit in traveling to heaven. Some sailors with sparrows got them so that if they died at sea, the sparrow could help carry their spirit to heaven. For that same reason, they are also sometimes used as memorial tattoos for a loved one who is gone. Often, that is one or two sparrows holding a banner with a name on it.
The sparrow was referenced in the Bible as to having worth and not to be forgotten by God.

Today we had an 'angel room' meeting. This room will be for the purpose of having family members have a place to go and sit, away from the family down the hall who just had a healthy baby, when mama wants to rest and not have a bunch of people in her room. It is a room where all of the Forget Me Not supplies will be stored, where a lot of the photography will happen, where name of our sweet daughter will be placed on the wall among the sparrows... 
 



(the room is waiting on furnishings, so please excuse the emptiness.  I'll be posting pictures as soon as it is all finished, probably after the open house in May.)

4 comments:

~GINGER~ said...

I didn't know that about sparrows, but I love it. And this room is a fabulous idea.

Jillyn said...

I wish every hospital would have a room like this <3

essay-writings-service.com said...

I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty blog with me. I am appreciating it very much!

teresa said...

hi Sarah- Love your site. I may be wrong but I believe this is a swallow and not a sparrow. Thank you for your heart and work. Love the room: